Subject Head (Vocational Education Programme)
Work with the Head of Department (Vocational Education Programme) in the following areas:
- Planning and implementing of the Vocational Education Programme, including Work Experience and the Daily Living Skills curriculum, assessment and professional development of the Vocational Education Team.
- Evaluation of programme effectiveness, change management and monitoring the progress and achievement of student outcomes
- Providing support and guidance, feedback and directions to Vocational Education staff on the programme implementation and evaluation, student management and lesson planning to increase their overall effectiveness.
- Scanning for external opportunities and seeking collaboration with community and industry partners to expand the Work Experience Programme to provide students with more authentic learning and training in the workplace.
- Leading the respective teams to work closely with the Teachers and Allied Professional Staff to implement the Individual Transition Plan of students to prepare them for smooth post-school transition
- Conducting staff appraisal on work performance, including identification/recommendation of the staff training and professional development needs of the Vocational Education Team.
- Experience in leading a vocational education or related programmes, preferably for persons with disability
- Resourceful in seeking out opportunities to expand students’ post-school pathways
- Good ambassadorial skills to represent the school and engage external partners for the development and expansion of the Vocation Education Programme
- Adaptable to changes and able to lead the team to thrive through changing circumstances
- Able to exercise judgement and being willing to take risks
- Able to manage various competing demands