Objectives of Programme
The aim of Physical Education (PE) is to provide learning opportunities for students to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to lead and enjoy an active and healthy life.
The objectives of the programme are to develop in each student the ability to:
- Perform and enjoy a variety of physical activities at the individual’s maximum capacity
- Develop and maintain physical health and fitness through regular participation in physical activities
- Demonstrate positive self-esteem through body awareness and control
- Demonstrate the spirit of fair play, teamwork and sportsmanship
- Acquire safe practices during physical activities
- Build character and independence through a variety of outdoor experiences
Main Content Area
Primary level (7-12 years old):
The PE Curriculum in the Primary level focuses on fitness and fundamental movement skills (stability, locomotor and manipulative) to prepare students for sports and physical activites.
Secondary and High School level (13-18 years old):
The PE/OE Curriculum in the Secondary and High School level focuses on fitness, fundamental movement skills, application of fundamental movement skills in a variety of contexts including game play and character building through outdoor education. The goal is to enable students to lead an independent, active and healthy life.