The Finance Executive, under the supervision of the Vice Principal, is responsible for managing the finance functions in the school in accordance with established school policies and procedures – including undertaking administrative & database processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead and be responsible for the accounting and finance activities, including the handling of the full set of accounts and ensure its completeness, accuracy and integrity in accordance to the school’s policies and required accounting standards.
• Lead and be responsible for the school’s finance operational processes and the improvement of existing processes which will include managing and raising issues to the school management and internal departments.
• Checking, approving and timely submission of complete and accurate financial statements and management reports to the respective authorities e.g. MOE and NCSS and maintaining all other relevant finance reports and reconciliation statements.
• Develop and/or update the policy manuals, the standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standards for the school’s finance functions.
• Ensure compliance of all recording, distribution and filing of finance documentation with the internal and external audit requirement and needs
• Prepare and present the school budget, financial and management reports.
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of invoices, payments and reimbursements
• Arrange for internal/external audits and ensure their completion within the stipulated timeline.
• Coordinate and liaise with external stakeholders such as auditors, vendors, parents, and relevant authorities e.g. Ministry of Education and National Council of Social Services.
• Communicate finance-related instructions/matters regularly and give feedback to school staff for their understanding and adherence to the financial procedures and requirements.
• Provide secretarial support to the Finance Committee or other relevant meetings.
• Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accountancy or ACCA
• Minimum 3 years’ full-time experience in accounting and audit
• Experience in handling full-sets accounting and proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Sound knowledge of accounting principles, the Singapore Financial Reporting Standards and Charity Accounting Standards
• Independent, responsible team-player with good collaboration skills
• Meticulous with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work with cross-functional teams in a school context.
Interested candidates are to fill in the school’s Job Application Form, submit their qualification certificate(s) to email@example.com. Only short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview.