The Speech Therapist, under the supervision of the Head of Department (Allied Professionals), is a member of the school’s AP Department. He / She works via an inter-disciplinary model with fellow allied professionals, teaching staff and parents / caregivers in providing speech therapy intervention (assessment, intervention, consultation and evaluation) to students with Mild Intellectual Disability, as well as those with Autism Spectrum Disorder. He / She will participate in case consultations and provide relevant support services to benefit students and their families. The standard of professional practice will be ethical and delivered with due consideration to the relevant legislation and procedures.
• Identify and assess individual therapy needs of students using standardised assessment tools and school in-house assessment forms.
• Facilitate development of appropriate and effective tools for identification, assessment, intervention of students.
• Formulate and implement individual / group therapy programme for students.
• Involve in the school’s interdisciplinary process of Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Individual Transition Plan (ITP).
• Provide intervention for students on a one-to-one basis, group, class, work experience or special setting based on the needs of the students.
• Evaluate and document students’ therapy needs and progress regularly, and review the effectiveness of the intervention.
• Provide consultation and update students’ status to the relevant staff members and caregivers.
• Work in collaboration with teaching/non-teaching staff and caregivers for the effective enhancement of services.
• Work with external agencies e.g. hospitals, external therapists for the effective enhancement of services.
• Develop and review department and related policies in conjunction with the management.
• At least a Bachelor Degree in (Speech & Language Pathology)
• Registered Speech Therapist with Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC)
• Previous working experience in schools
• Passion to work with children, youths and their families
• Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced work environment
• Singaporean or PR preferred
Interested candidates are to fill in the school’s Job Application Form, submit their qualification certificate(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed applicants will be notified for an interview.