All applications to study at Grace Orchard School must be made on the proper Admission Form.
The following supporting documents must be submitted together with the completed application form:
1. Birth Certificate of the child (photocopy).
2. NRIC of parent(s) / legal guardian (photocopy).
3. One recent passport-sized photograph of the child.
4. Grace Orchard School Medical Report (duly completed by a qualified medical practitioner within one year prior to the date of submission of the application form).
5. Psychological Report (completed within 2 years prior to the date of submission of the application form and conducted by a qualified psychologist registered with the Singapore Register of Psychologists maintained by the Singapore Psychological Society, or licensed psychologist in the countries recognised by the SPS).
The psychological report must include the following items:
a. Results of the child’s individually administered intellectual assessment that present an overview of the child’s general cognitive / intellectual functioning. They should include verbal, non-verbal and global scores. If specific IQ scores are not obtained, reasons should be given. Language(s) used during the testing is (are) to be indicated.
b. Results of the child’s social and adaptive functioning as measured by an adaptive behavior assessment.
c. Summary of the child’s individual educational needs.
6. School Reports that include the following items (if applicable):
a. Report book (results for all semesters).
b. Learning Support Programme assessment data (eg, Singapore Word Reading Test results, School Readiness Test score, SMART results).
c. Reports from previous / current class teacher / Learning Support Co-ordinator on the child’s learning, behavior, social skills, etc.
d. Progress report.
e. Samples of child’s work in class or examination papers.
f. Individual Education Plan (IEP).
7. Reports and recommendations from professionals (eg, Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Guidance Officers) working with the child.
In addition to all of the above, for children with autistic spectrum disorder, the following must also be submitted:
8. Diagnostic Report that includes data from clinical observations and diagnostic interviews / observations schedules / checklists indicating that the child meets established criteria for autism.
Applicants are reminded to check that all the required data and information have been fully compiled before submitting their applications to the school. Completed application forms together with all the supporting documents as listed above can be sent to the following address:
Grace Orchard School
170 West Coast Road
You can also contact the school office at 6561 9128 or email us at email@example.com for further enquiries.