Senior Occupational Therapist / Occupational Therapist
- The Occupational Therapist, under the supervision of the Head of Department (Allied Professionals), is a member of the school’s AP Department. He / She works via an inter-disciplinary model with fellow allied professionals, teaching staff and parents / caregivers in providing occupational therapy intervention (assessment, intervention, consultation and evaluation) to students with Mild Intellectual Disability, as well as those with Autism Spectrum Disorder. He / She will participate in case consultations and provide relevant support services to benefit students and their families. The standard of professional practice will be ethical and delivered with due consideration to the relevant legislation and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess individual therapy needs of students using standardised assessment tools and school in-house assessment forms.
- Facilitate development of appropriate and effective tools for identification, assessment, intervention of students.
- Formulate and implement individual / group therapy programme for students.
- Involve in the school’s interdisciplinary process of Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Individual Transition Plan (ITP).
- Provide intervention for students on a one-to-one basis, group, class, work experience or special setting based on the needs of the students.
- Evaluate and document students’ therapy needs and progress regularly, and review the effectiveness of the intervention.
- Provide consultation and update students’ status to the relevant staff members and caregivers.
- Work in collaboration with teaching/non-teaching staff and caregivers for the effective enhancement of services.
- Work with external agencies e.g. hospitals, external therapists for the effective enhancement of services.
- Develop and review department and related policies in conjunction with the management.
- Maintain and update students’ case files with relevant documentation records and reports.
- Conduct relevant in-house training for school staff, parents and caregivers e.g. workshops, professional learning sessions etc.
- Conduct placement assessment screening for all new students enrolled into the school.
- Maintain proper usage of equipment in the Occupational Therapy Room and update the need to replace or purchase therapy equipment / resources on ad-hoc basis.
- Assist in the development and management of the budget for the Department.
- Assist in the stock-take and control of inventory of the Department.
- Work in collaboration with teaching/non-teaching staff in various school committees including school event planning, subject curriculum and school programmes.
- Attend school meetings e.g. staff contact time, department meetings, committee meetings, interdisciplinary meetings and school holiday staff meetings etc. to keep updated of school matters and planning.
- Attend internal and external trainings e.g. professional learning teams to keep abreast of the latest trends and developments to develop and maintain skills that increase effectiveness.
- Perform other duties and be involved in committee work as assigned by the school management e.g. guide therapy assistants in supporting intervention work with the students.
- Minimum qualification – Diploma in Occupational Therapy / Fully registered with AHPC
- Preferred work experience – 1 to 2 years Paediatric work
- Strong interest in working with children with special needs
- Must be Singaporean or PR
- Candidates with relevant work experience will be considered for senior position as well
Interested applicants are to submit their applications with qualification certificate to the school. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.